All white Ibizan Hound
Okay, Tumblr, let’s make this go viral. You all know that representation in the media is desperately needed, and this game is delivering what many of the big-name games haven’t. Pumpkin Online is made by a development team headed by an African-American woman and they’re aiming to make this game as inclusive and friendly as possible. This is a farming/romance sim mixed up with an adventure MMORPG and made incredibly diverse.
You want to play a non-binary character? You got it! You want a range of races in your NPC neighbors? Done! Clothing choices and body features not restricted by gender? It’s in there! Relationships in no way affected by gender or lack of gender? Yes, that too!
Let’s get this thing going viral and help promote the Kickstarter (link in the article) so that everyone gets the chance to play the character they want to play. Reblog buttons, do your thing!
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YOU GUYYYYSSSSSSSSSSSS
Diverse farming sim/MMORPG? It’s like someone is designing a game just for me. OMG.
SUPPORT IT FRIENDS BECAUSE I NEED THIS DESPERATELY.
i need this. like seriously. if this doesn’t happen i’ll be v sad.
Anonymous asked: Hey there! In the story I am writing it takes place on a different planet. However I really want a certain race of people to have African accents. How do I describe accents that don’t necessarily exist? I hope that made sense!
There’s a wealth of ways to encapsulate an accent, what with all the words available to you. It’s a matter of how straight-forward or creative you want to go. Maybe some of the methods below will help.
- She had a fragile accent.
- The people had throaty voices, sawing out words in blunt grumbles.
- His voice was splinters and broken glass.
- Her accent had a song-like quality that reminded her of swaying tides.
- He had a French accent.
- "I have to go," she said, though from her accent, French, the words sounded more like "I hive tego."
Straight-forward & ‘Technical’:
- He had a French accent, perhaps Northern, his voice lilting the edges of his vowels and dragging out others.
Some methods work better in combination with others, such as straight-forward combined with technical (as shown). It truly shouldn’t take many sentences to give readers enough info to imagine how someone’s voice or accent sounds. Therefore I wouldn’t overdue the clues, as it can stir into offensive.
- Describing Voices
- 55 Words to Describe Someone’s Voice
- Online Thesaurus
- Describing Qualities of the Human Voice
It’s so infuriating to be THAT CLOSE to winning a race in Mario Kart and then someone sneaks up on you a half a second before you cross the finish line and you place Second anyway
when u dont know if ur ocs backstory is really cliched or not
IT TOOK ME A MINTUE TO REALIZE THIS IS A FACE AND NOT THREE BLUNTS
- Mike Brown’s mom laid flowers where he was shot and police let a dog pee on the memorial site
- “Stand Up Against Racism" demonstration outside US Embassy in London
- Police claim to have no records of arrests of journalists
- Illinois school bans discussions of Mike Brown’s death
- Gov. Nixon introduces new Public Safety Director
- Push for police to wear body cameras continues
- Jon Stewart on Ferguson